Ezra's second lightsaber was a lightsaber constructed by Ezra Bridger, a Padawan and rebel who lived in the years prior to the Battle of Yavin, sometime after the destruction of his first one at the hands of Darth Vader during the mission to Malachor.
History[edit | edit source]
Following the destruction of Ezra Bridger's lightsaber by Darth Vader on Malachor, Bridger built a new lightsaber sometime between 3 BBY and 2 BBY During the mission to Krownest, Sabine Wren wielded the lightsaber when she fought Viceroy Gar Saxon who wielded the Darksaber.
Later on, during a mission to investigate what the Empire was doing with large kyber crystals, Saw Gerrera used the weapon to ignite one of such crystals to destroy the Imperial freighter that was carrying it.
During the Liberation of Lothal, after Ezra's strike team seized control of the Imperial Complex, Ezra left his lightsaber in the hands of Sabine Wren after Grand Admiral Thrawn issued an ultimatum in which Ezra had to turn himself in alone onboard the Chimaera to prevent Capital City from being bombarded. After Ezra managed to repel Thrawn's Imperial fleet from Lothal, Sabine used the lightsaber to break through a window and out of the Complex as the rebels rigged the building to explode, providing them with a quick escape route.
Specifications[edit | edit source]
Ezra's new lightsaber featured a hilt with a black grip and silver accents. Unlike his previous lightsaber, which utilized a blue kyber crystal, his new lightsaber contained a green kyber crystal. It was also built to the more traditional lightsaber design, as opposed to his old blaster-lightsaber hybrid.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Ezra Bridger's second lightsaber was first revealed in the tenth episode of the The Star Wars Show, a series of behind-the-scenes YouTube videos produced by StarWars.com that give official news regarding upcoming Star Wars media and events. It made its first appearance on the animated television series Star Wars Rebels in the third season premiere episode Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Destiny – Way of the Force (Card: ) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Tyrants of Lothal (Card: Ezra Bridger—Spectre 6) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Ezra Bridger and Kanan Jarrus Ally Pack (Card: Ezra Bridger) (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (First identified as Ezra's second lightsaber)
- Star Wars: The Lightsaber Collection
- (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow
- According to Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded, Ahsoka Tano was 14 years old when she became Anakin Skywalker's Padawan and 32 years old when she fought him as Darth Vader during the mission to Malachor Star Wars: Galactic Atlas established that Tano was apprenticed to Skywalker in 22 BBY, meaning the mission to Malachor cannot be set any later than 3 BBY. Dawn of Rebellion states that Phoenix Cell established Chopper Base on Atollon three years before the Battle of Yavin or 3 BBY. Since "Twilight of the Apprentice" takes place after that event, it must be set in 3 BBY.
- Dawn of Rebellion dates the events of Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow seventeen years after the end of the Clone Wars, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY; therefore, the events of Steps Into Shadow must have taken place in 2 BBY
- ("At the heart of every Jedi lightsaber is a kyber crystal...")
- Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy of Mandalore"
- Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Family Reunion – and Farewell"
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide