The FG 8T8-Twin Block2 Special was a podracer design produced by Farwan & Glott prior to the Invasion of Naboo. The design was unusual in the fact that the cockpit was joined to the engines forward of their intakes via fixed, faired brackets. By contrast, all other podracer designs featured separate gondolas which trailed the pod's engines and were fastened to them with flexible cords which transmitted commands input by the vehicle's pilot to the engines, which were in turn bound by energy binders. With the Twin Block2 Special, the need for such devices was eliminated, making the craft more resemblant of a speeder.
The podrace pilot Neva Kee flew a Twin Block2 Special during the Boonta Eve Classic won by Anakin Skywalker in 32 BBY. Kee performed very well in the first lap of the race, but in the second lap he simply vanished from the track. He was believed to have disappeared somewhere in the Dune Sea of Tatooine.
During 1 ABY, when the Galactic Civil War was intensifying, a spacer acquired a podracer that looked very similar to the FG 8T8-Twin. This podracer was believed to be a mere replica, and not the same vehicle piloted by Neva Kee.
Behind the scenes
- Episode I Adventures 6: The Hunt for Anakin Skywalker
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Crash Course
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Replica)
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Shadow Syndicate (Card: FG 8T8-Twin Block2 Special Podracer)