FN-1226 was a human male who served in the First Order's FN Corps as a stormtrooper in 35 ABY. When Rey arrived on the Star Destroyer Steadfast to rescue Chewbacca, the young Jedi confused FN-1226 and another stormtrooper with a mind trick.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
FN-1226 first appeared in the 2019 Star Wars film Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker where he was played by J.D. Dillard, a screenwriter and director which J.J. Abrams had worked with in the past.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker' establishes FN-1226 was a stormtrooper of the First Order, which were all humans, according to Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Before the Awakening establishes that First Order stormtroopers with "FN" in their designation, which includes FN-1226, were a part of the FN Corps.
- According to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker take place one year after the Hosnian Cataclysm. The Hosnian Cataclysm was dated to 34 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas meaning Episode IX, in which FN-1226 appears, takes place in 35 ABY.
- Ifeanyi, KF (April 10, 2019). From Bad Robot receptionist to Sundance darling: What rising-star writer-director J.D. Dillard learned from J.J. Abrams about storytelling. Fast Company. Archived from the original on April 20, 2020.