- "I remembered the comics from when I was a kid. FN-1971 would sneak them in. They weren't regulation, and they would have sent us to reprogramming if they'd known, but man, were they great."
FN-1971 was the designation of a human stormtrooper who was a member of the First Order's FN Corps. FN-1971 would sneak in comics based on the animated program Kade Genti, Master of Section Nine, and gave them to a young stormtrooper, FN-2187, to read and enjoy. The two were aware that their actions were against regulation and would have led to reprogramming if they were caught. Around 34 ABY, FN-2187, by then a member of the Resistance who adopted the name "Finn," remembered reading the comics provided by FN-1971 and chose to use the name of the show's protagonist, Kade Genti, as an alias when going undercover at an auction hosted at Coronet City on the Core Worlds planet Corellia.
Behind the scenes
- Resistance Reborn (First mentioned, simultaneous with Resistance Reborn audiobook)
- Resistance Reborn audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded establishes that all stormtroopers who served the First Order were humans.
- Resistance Reborn
- Resistance Reborn takes place days after the events of Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which are set directly after Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of The Force Awakens to 34 ABY, the events of The Last Jedi and Resistance Reborn must take place around the same year.