- "Sithfire! Agamar, then Vinsoth, and now Borosk—all lost!"
- ―Emperor Roan Fel
In 138 ABY, the planet Vinsoth fell to the forces of Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire. Lord Krayt had recently begun a renewed military push against his enemies after reclaiming his usurped Imperial throne, and Vinsoth—within the borders of Emperor Roan Fel's Empire-in-exile but positioned close to Krayt's own territory—was one of his targets. The world was conquered by Krayt's Sith–Imperials, and Fel grew increasingly frustrated with his enemy's military might.
Prelude[edit | edit source]
- "Once, I thought to bring peace and order to the galaxy through the existing governments—to align the worlds to the rule of the One Sith. That cannot work. The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war."
- ―Darth Krayt, after regaining control of his Galactic Empire
In 138 ABY, during the Second Imperial Civil War, deposed Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Krayt returned to the galactic capital world of Coruscant to reclaim his mantle as ruler of both the One Sith and the Galactic Empire. Supported by Sith warriors loyal to him and an army of specialized Sith troopers, he led an assault on Coruscant's Temple of the Sith and killed his usurper, Darth Wyyrlok. His mission complete, Krayt vowed to wage renewed war against all who opposed his Empire.
The fall[edit | edit source]
Forces of the Empire launched several military campaigns against Krayt's enemies, including a strike at the planet Vinsoth. The world was under the control of former Galactic Emperor Roan Fel's Empire-in-exile but lay within the outer regions of his territory. Fel's forces were defeated in the battle, and Vinsoth was claimed by the Sith–Imperials.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- "We're stretched thinner and thinner, but the Sith keep coming no matter the price they pay! It's as if Krayt thinks he has unlimited troops!"
- ―Roan Fel, lamenting the falls of Vinsoth and several other planets
The fall of Vinsoth was one of several battles that caused factions across the galaxy to cow to the might of Lord Krayt. Emperor Fel rued the losses of lives and resources that his Empire incurred at Vinsoth and in other theaters, as well as the resulting thin spread of his forces. When the Sith Lady Darth Maladi, held prisoner on Fel's fortress world of Bastion, offered to create him a toxin that could kill all the life on a planet, Fel considered using the weapon against the seemingly-unstoppable Sith.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Vinsoth's fall to Darth Krayt's Empire was mentioned in the second issue of the comic miniseries Star Wars: Legacy—War, published in 2011. The planet's position at the edge of Fel's territory had previously been established in 2009's The Essential Atlas.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Legacy—War 2 (First mentioned)