- "This lightsaber was stolen from your Jedi Temple by my ancestors during the fall of the Old Republic. Since then many Jedi have died upon its blade. Prepare yourself to join them!"
- ―Pre Vizsla to Obi-Wan Kenobi
The fall of the Old Republic described a long period of time in which the Old Republic, the reigning galactic government of the era, slowly declined in its power. Eventually, when the Old Republic had all but collapsed, the galaxy entered a dark age, which ended in what was believed to be the final defeat of the Sith and the reorganization of the Republic.
Eventually, both the Jedi and the remnants of the fallen Old Republic managed to reorganize their forces and fight back against the Sith. The Republic emerged victorious from the war, managing to recapture Coruscant from the Sith who occupied the capital. The war ended with the Sith Order's defeat, with all but one Dark Lord dead. After 1032 BBY the crumbled Old Republic, now having brought peace to the galaxy, reorganized itself, resulting in the establishment of the modern Galactic Republic.
- Dooku: Jedi Lost (Mentioned only) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script (Mentioned only) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot" (First mentioned)
- Tarkin (Indirect mention only)
- Tarkin audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Trials of the Darksaber" (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Databank A-Z: Poe Dameron–Delta 7-B)
- Knights of Fate
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Rise of the Separatists
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Trials of the Darksaber"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Tarkin
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"