The Fallanassi, also known as Adepts of the White Current, was a religious order devoted to the White Current, which the Jedi knew as the Force. It was mostly an all-female group like the Witches of Dathomir and hardly ever taught men their teachings. With the White Current, the Fallanassi could do amazing things with illusions and a unique ability known as Force immersion, but had no skill with manipulating the physical world through abilities such as telekinesis. They taught that authority was an illusion and that everyone should serve only their own desires.
One of the order's first homes was on Lucazec, but after the Fallanassi refused to swear loyalty to Emperor Palpatine, they fled ahead of his stormtroopers, their location betrayed by one of their own members, Talsava.
After finding a number of worlds to resettle on, the Fallanassi chose to abide on the planet J't'p'tan, deep in the Koornacht Cluster and a sanctuary of the H'kig monks. In exchange for sanctuary on the world, the Fallanassi agreed to protect their spiritual brethren by creating powerful illusions through their use of the White Current, able to convince visitors that the H'kig monastery, the Temple of the Infinite Spirit, was merely a smoking ruin.
Seventeen years after the Battle of Yavin, the Fallanassi received two visitors: Akanah, daughter of Talsava, and Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, who sought clues about his mother and believed her to be a member of their order. Though his search proved fruitless, Skywalker persuaded Wialu, leader of the Fallanassi, to create a powerful illusion of battle cruisers that helped turn the tide for the New Republic in the Battle of N'zoth, thus ending the Yevethan crisis. With the Yevetha defeated, the Fallanassi left their adopted world of J't'p'tan on the cruiser Star Morning.
The order relocated itself on Pydyr, a moon of Almania. Six years after the end of the war with the Yuuzhan Vong, the order lived on under the leadership of Akanah. They were also visited by Jacen Solo, who visited sects of Force users such as the Fallanassi and the Aing-Tii while on his six year journey following the Yuuzhan Vong War. Solo briefly received training from Akanah in tapping the White Current before he left to follow a call for help deep within the Unknown Regions during the Dark Nest Crisis.
- Before the Storm (First appearance)
- Shield of Lies
- Tyrant's Test
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Abyss (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Abyss audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex audiobook
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA5, Planets of the Core Worlds)
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- Galaxy at War
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 122