Falleen were a sentient species native to the planet of the same name. They were capable of projecting powerful pheromones. During the Clone Wars, the Black Sun criminal syndicate was run by a cabal of Falleen nobles, Ziton Moj, from their fortress on Mustafar.
Biology and appearanceEdit
The Falleen were a sentient species of reptillian humanoids who had a distinctive alien appearance. They were distinguished by their mottled green skin, ridged skulls, and their long, black hair which they typically wore in ponytails. Falleen exuded powerful pheromones which they used to attract mates.
During the Clone Wars, a cabal of Falleen nobles led the Black Sun criminal syndicate, which flourished while law enforcement declined as the Jedi focused on battling the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Black Sun became notorious in the lawless Outer Rim Territories and elsewhere, and its Falleen leadership operated out of a well-defended fortress on Mustafar. Xomit Grunseit led the cabal until Maul ultimately usurped control of Black Sun, and installed the leg-breaking lieutenant Ziton Moj as its ruler.
Black Sun was also involved in an underground dispute with the Pyke Syndicate, which led to Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos investigating a kidnapping by the Pykes. Ventress coerced a Falleen guard on Mustafar, leading him to believe his powerful pheromones had worked on her, and she and Vos strong-armed him into giving up information on the Pykes. The pair infiltrated the Black Sun fortress, fighting more Falleen to reach the kidnapped family.
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Falleen like other alien species such as Umbarans and Neimoidians, were typically the butt of running jokes at Imperial Academies including the Royal Imperial Academy on Coruscant. At this time, the Falleen Ango Croom led the Varluk Organization. A Falleen gangster named Annaz was the leader of the Malandro syndicate before his death at the hands of Brand, whose parents he had formerly killed. A number of Falleen worked as overseers in MaDall's slaving operation on Oon, and treated Sabine Wren roughly when she posed as a slave to infiltrate the operation. She inspired an uprising against the slavers, and the Falleen guards were attacked and overpowered.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 17 (Databank A-Z: Ewoks–Finn (FN-2187))
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Lost Stars
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Inbrief"—Star Wars Insider 161
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "Puffer Problems"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 21
- ↑ Han Solo 2
- ↑ Age of Republic - Jango Fett 1
- ↑ Master & Apprentice
- ↑ Han Solo 4
- ↑ Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Dark Disciple
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Thrawn
- ↑ "Return of the Slavers"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 5