- "You could be detained for just having this."
- ―Falthina Sharest, to Han and Qi'ra
Falthina Sharest was a human female emigration officer in the Corellian Security Forces. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, CorSec became an extension of the Imperial forces on Corellia, and she served as Lead Transport Security Officer in Coronet Spaceport.
Falthina Sharest had at least one sibling, a sister. By 13 BBY, Sharest worked in Coronet Spaceport booth at the planet Corellia. Her work consisted on opening security gates to travelers to let them depart from Corellia or visit it. Sharest hated her job because, as her grandmother used to say, it was as dull as an old milk knife. She dreamed to leave Corellia in order to visit other planets, only coming back to Corellia to visit her sister.
One day, two criminals known as Han and Qi'ra approached and offered to bribe her with a vial of coaxium in exchange for passage through the security gate. While Sharest mentioned that they could be arrested for just having the vial, Han replied that it would not do anyone good then. She agreed to allow them through, provided they handed the coaxium over prior to the gate being opened. Qi'ra did not agree to this, and instead suggested a simultaneous exchange. However, because the White Worms gang members were approaching, Han encouraged her to hand it over. Qi'ra gave up the coaxium, and Sharest opened the gate. However, as Han passed through, Qi'ra was grabbed by members of the White Worms gang led by the Grindalid thug Moloch.
Meanwhile, Sharest took the opportunity to issue a security alert; this action promptly broke her agreement to let the young couple pass quietly. Officer Sharest then locked down the gate which separated Han and Qi'ra. Despite Han's pleas for her to open the passage again, she ignored him and continued to alert the spaceport staff about an unauthorized traveler.
Personality and traitsEdit
Falthina Sharest was a human female who stood 1.63 meters tall and had brown eyes. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Sharest had dark hair. A Lead Transport Security Officer in Coronet Spaceport, Sharest seized and sometimes accepted contraband from unlucky and foolish travelers if its value meant a big payday for her, such as when Han and Qi'ra brought her a vial of valuable coaxium, given that she hated her job.
Sharest's personality changed depending in the circumstances. She showed concern when Han and Qi'ra bribed her with a vial of coaxium, as they could have been detained for having it. She opened the gates out of Corellia for them, but when Moloch and the White Worms began to drag Qi'ra to their den to make her pay for her treason, Sharest apathetically left the young woman to her fate and closed the door, reporting that Qi'ra was an unauthorized traveler and ignoring Han's pleas to reopen the gate. Despite these negative traits, Sharest wasn't uncaring at all, as at least she loved her family, planning to depart Corellia to explore the galaxy but only coming back to visit her sister.
Behind the scenesEdit
Falthina Sharest was portrayed by Anna Francolini in the 2018 Star Wars Anthology film Solo: A Star Wars Story and was first identified in the accompanying reference book Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo.
In the first issue of the Marvel Comics' comic book adaptation of the film, Sharest's dialogue is shortened and she doesn't express concern for Han and Qi'ra nor does she report Qi'ra to the spaceport's authorities as an unauthorized traveler.
- Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 1 (Picture only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Solo Adaptation 1
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Falthina Sharest)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Ultimate Sticker Collection (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the events on Corellia in Solo: A Star Wars Story to six years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the formation of the Empire to 19 BBY, therefore the events on Corellia in Solo must take place in 13 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story credits
- ↑ Solo Adaptation 1