The falumpaset was a large mammal native to the planet Naboo. They roamed the plains, forests and swamps of the planet in large herds, and their distinctive call could be heard for kilometers around. Easily domesticated, falumpasets were popular mounts all over the galaxy. They were, however, known for their stubborn and uncooperative temperament. Wild falumpaset had long shaggy fetlocks to protect against nyorks. They were excellent swimmers. A breed of falumpaset was also native to the jungle world of Onderon. They were gray in color and had dark strips across their back. Bigger enemies included sando aqua monsters breaching the surface of the swamps from the abyssal ocean beneath.
Because of their great strength, the Gungans used them to pull their Battle Wagons at the Battle of Grassy Plains. In the following victory parade, Boss Rugor Nass rode a falumpaset through the streets of Theed.
Behind the scenesEdit
"[May be easily confused with] the fambaa...But the falumpaset is much smaller and mammalian in appearance. When Jar Jar accidentally opens the back gate of a battle wagon and releases a payload of energy balls, the creature pulling the wagon is a falumpaset. 'The falumpaset is like a rhinoceros,' says Whitlach. 'A giant extinct rhinoceros, but without horns. I experimented with legs and like the look of a Clydesdale horse, so the falumpaset has the stocky sturdy legs of a Clydesdale.' Falumpasets don't look much like elephants, but behaviorally they are close kin. Elephants are so intelligent that they have shown evidence of tool-using and sophisticated communication...Falumpasets are as intelligent as elephants, which is both a blessing and a curse to their Gungan trainers, since the creatures are notoriously stubborn."
The falumpaset, along with pikobis and fambaas, are identified as also being a native animal to the planet Onderon in the trivia slideshow for the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "A War on Two Fronts."
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier
- Star Wars: Episode I Jedi Power Battles
- Star Wars: Republic: The New Face of War
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Front Runners"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Soft War"
- Empire 21: A Little Piece of Home, Part 2
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars: Episode I toy line
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Secrets of Naboo
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Expansion: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 15
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- "Creatures of Episode I"—Star Wars Insider 47
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.46
- Star Wars: What Makes a Monster?