- "My troops had orders to take it to a secret base near the Fantain Mountains."
- ―Maximilian Veers, referring to the prototype All-Terrain Armored Transport
The Fantain Mountains were a location on the sandy planet Zaloriis. Due to the presence of boulders that blocked the planet's high winds, the mountains were home to small forms of animal life, along with Zalorian rock-lions. Prior to the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY, the reigning government known as the Galactic Empire established a secret base called Camp Culroon near the Fantain Mountains as part of the development of the All Terrain Armored Transport walker—also known as the AT-AT—which was led by Colonel Maximilian Veers.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Fantain Moutains were first mentioned in the 2001 LucasArts video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, in the game's databank entry for Zaloriis and in the fourth level of the Imperial campaign, titled "An Empire's Fury."
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns (Mentioned only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III ("Zaloriis")