The FarStar was a CR90 corvette originally known as the Freedom's Messenger that served as a diplomatic ship for the Galactic Republic. After being lost in the Battle of Ord Torrenze, it was recovered by the Imperial Navy and renamed Renegade. After being heavily modified by Moff Kentor Sarne the ship was captured by the New Republic, renamed FarStar and used to hunt him down. It was destroyed in the final battle against Sarne at Kathol.
- 1 Characteristics
- 2 History
- 3 Notable crew members
- 4 Behind the scenes
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Sources
- 7 Notes and references
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Original design[edit | edit source]
As a diplomatic ship, the Freedom's Messenger was equipped with luxurious interior, diplomatic suites, extended droid service bays and entertainment and recreation facilities.
Wartime refit[edit | edit source]
During the Clone Wars the ship was put into combat service. Additional weapon mounts and troop barracks replaced the suites and halls, and the droid bays were used for blaster recharge and maintenance.
Sarne's modifications[edit | edit source]
Sarne had the ship extensively modified to serve as an independent exploration and subjugation ship. The retrofit included a large hangar bay, three extendable docking tubes, advanced turbolaser computers, sensors, and armor. This happened in the hidden shipyards in Korbiss Valley on Kal'Shebbol and the use of imprisoned technicians, including New Republic Sergeant Lofryyhn. However, when the New Republic attacked Kal'Shebbol in 8 ABY, the refits were still incomplete.
New Republic modifications[edit | edit source]
Moff Sarne escaped the Battle of Kal'Shebbol, but the New Republic task force had to leave immediately for another war theater. To pursue him, the New Republic took over the corvette, since Sarne hadn't been able to destroy it before he left. The ship's sublight and turbolasers were in disarray, and the racks for the TIEs had not yet been installed. This allowed the newly christened FarStar to carry eight T-65B X-wing starfighters and four REC Defender starfighters. It also had two support craft, the Muvon and an Aegis-class combat shuttle.
History[edit | edit source]
Old Republic service[edit | edit source]
During its years of service, the ship was at the signing of the Galactic Republic-Marzoon Confederation treaty as well as delivering a Jedi delegation to end the Vaykaaris Uprising. Freedom's Messenger was widely known as a symbol of peace and hope.
This role changed during the Clone Wars when the ship was refitted to serve as a combat vessel. But despite the different role, the Messenger served as well as a warship as it did as a diplomatic vessel.
During the Battle of Ord Torrenze, Freedom's Messenger led an assault force into the blockade to allow for civilian evacuation of the planet. The guns-blazing headlong charge cleared a path for the evacuation ships, but Freedom's Messenger suffered heavy hull damage and a critical power core breach, delivering a fatal dose of radiation poisoning to its crew. Out of control, the ship finally crashed into the planet.
Imperial service[edit | edit source]
Years later, the corvette was recovered by the Imperial Navy, refitted and recommissioned as Renegade under the command of Kentor Sarne. Assigned to the 15th Deep Core Reserve Fleet, the Renegade fought against pirates as well as several Rebel outposts. Later Sarne rose in the Imperial hierarchy, but the Renegade remained on reserve duty.
In 2 BBY a newly appointed Moff Kentor Sarne requested his old ship to be appointed to his fleet. Like before, the Renegade was responsible for several peacekeeping operations, namely the Subjugation of Charis in 4 ABY.
In 7 ABY Moff Sarne had become one of many Imperial warlords. Having also discovered the ancient Darkstryder technology, he took the Renegade off the active duty list and once again placed it under his personal command. Hidden in his private shipyards in the Sorbiss Valley on Kal'Shebbol, the ship underwent a massive refit to serve as a long-range exploration and subjugation vessel.
In 8 ABY the refit was almost complete, but the Battle of Kal'Shebbol forced Sarne to leave the ship behind and flee to Kathol. The ship fell into the New Republic hands. Eager to follow the Moff, a hastily assembled crew manned the ship and went into the Kathol Sector.
New Republic service[edit | edit source]
Now christened FarStar, the crew went deep into the Kathol sector and encountered many obstacles on their mission to find Moff Sarne. The crew was forced to abandon ship after suffering severe damage in battle against Imperial Moff Kentor Sarne's fleet. The FarStar, however, crashed into Sarne's garrison on Kathol, wiping it out.
Notable crew members[edit | edit source]
Command crew[edit | edit source]
- Kaiya Adrimetrum (First officer)
- Dr. Akanseh (Medical officer)
- Keleman Ciro (Captain)
- Jessa Dajus (Tactical advisor)
- Ranna Gorjaye (Flight commander)
- Gorak Khzam (Security officer)
- Kl'aal (Forward scout)
- Lofryyhn (Chief mechanic)
- Loh'khar the Finder (Procurement officer)
- Darryn Thyte (Navigator)
- Brophar Tofarain (Shuttle pilot & mechanic)
Support crew[edit | edit source]
- Arac (Officer & medic)
- Boom (Demolition expert)
- Tanner Carzyn (Weapons technician)
- Noell Ciro (Fighter pilot)
- Colton (Crewman)
- Crivor (Crewmember)
- Fasha Dansun (Xenoarchaeologist)
- Alta Dayson (Sensor technician)
- Dasha Defano (Fighter pilot)
- Dr Varel DeVay (Xenobiologist)
- Dann Drugah (Droid specialist)
- Edly Fasalk (Gunner)
- "Gammer" Firdaaz (Scout)
- Thanis Gul-Rah (Security)
- Gunthar (Security)
- Hydan (Slicer)
- Halley (Officer)
- Krudar (Gunner)
- Unda Lagor (Heavy weapons)
- Marca (Crewmember)
- Nizzal (Dealer)
- Rizzal (Information gatherer)
- Taska Rorn (Helm)
- Scoryn (Security)
- Genna Seedar (Medic)
- T'achak T'andar (Repulsorlift technician)
- Uta T'Cha (Droid specialist)
- Vegath Tist (Mineralogist)
- Brandis Turgah (Computer/Droid specialist)
- Cobb Unser (Fighter pilot & droid technician)
- Vizzal (Procurement expert)
- Qesya Vth'naar (Security)
- Vyson (Crewmember)
Droids[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
FarStar was also the name of a server—or "Galaxy"—in Star Wars Galaxies.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "The Saga Begins"—The DarkStryder Campaign (First appearance)
- "Omens"—The DarkStryder Campaign
- "Artifact of Aaris"—The DarkStryder Campaign
- "Death Is Remotely Possible"—The DarkStryder Campaign
- "Shintel Downtime"—The DarkStryder Campaign
- "Crisis"—The DarkStryder Campaign
- "Traitor in our Midst"—The DarkStryder Campaign
- "Plant Food"—The Kathol Outback
- "Little Empires"—The Kathol Outback
- "Wildfire"—The Kathol Outback
- "The Masters of Exocron"—The Kathol Outback
- "Galaxy's Edge"—The Kathol Outback
- "Introduction"—The Kathol Rift
- "Harm's Way"—The Kathol Rift
- "Rogue Elements"—The Kathol Rift
- "Waystation"—The Kathol Rift
- "Home"—The Kathol Rift
- "Showdown"—The Kathol Rift
- "The Saga Nears Its End"—Endgame
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- The Kathol Outback
- The Kathol Rift
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia