- "We're a family. Family does for family."
- ―Soontir Fel
The Fel dynasty was a prominent Imperial family that was known for its military service to the Galactic Empire and the Empire of the Hand before ascending to become the ruling house of the Imperial Remnant and re-organizing it as the Fel Empire. Before the ascension of Jagged Fel, the first of the Fel Emperors, his family—or at least, his parents—were media stars of the first Galactic Empire and later associated with the Empire of the Hand and the Chiss Ascendancy. At least three members were dedicated soldiers—Soontir Fel was one of the Empire's most decorated pilots and his son Jagged flew with distinction during the Yuuzhan Vong War. The family was also linked to one of the most famous Rebellion and later on New Republic families, the Antilles family of Corellia, by marriage through Syal Antilles Fel, though due to their different positions in the political fabric of the galaxy, they had little contact for much of the Galactic Civil War.
Following the conclusion of the Second Galactic Civil War, the Fel family's ties to the Galactic Alliance were reinforced with the marriage of Jagged Fel to Jaina of the House of Solo. Jagged's descendants ruled the Fel Empire until Darth Krayt's coup of 130 ABY, which overthrew Emperor Roan Fel, the third Fel Emperor. Following a period of civil war between Fel's faction and Krayt's faction, the Fel dynasty was restored under Roan's daughter Marasiah as the Empire's first Empress.
- Unindentified male, a transport flier on Corellia, Soontir Fel's father.
- Unidentified female, his wife, Soontir Fel's mother.
- Soontir Fel, Imperial baron and fighter pilot.
- Syal Antilles Fel (also known as Wynssa Starflare), Soontir's wife, famous actress.
- Todr Fel, Soontir's younger brother.
- Ajai Fel, Todr's wife and Soontir's sister-in-law.
- Davin Fel, Soontir's eldest son, Empire of the Hand officer.
- Chak Fel, Soontir's son, Empire of the Hand officer.
- Jagged Fel, Soontir's son, first Emperor of the Fel Empire and founder of the Fel dynasty.
- Jaina Solo Fel, Jagged's wife, Jedi Master of the New Jedi Order
- Cherith Fel, Soontir and Syal's eldest daughter.
- Cem Fel, Soontir and Syal's youngest son and shadow child.
- Wynssa Fel, Soontir and Syal's youngest daughter.
- Fyric Fel, Todr and Ajai Fel's son.
- Fel II, Jagged Fel's son, second Fel Emperor.
- Roan Fel, son of Fel II and third member of the Fel family in succession to reign as Emperor.
- Elliah Fel, Roan's wife and mother of Marasiah, killed by Eshkar Niin.
- Mohrgan Fel, Roan's cousin and Imperial Knight.
- Marasiah Fel, Roan and Elliah's daughter, first Empress of the Fel Empire and Triumvir of the Galactic Federation Triumvirate.
Soontir Fel was also used as a template for clones during Grand Admiral Thrawn's campaign. These clones were used as sleeper cells, and scattered throughout the New Republic. One such cell, led by Soontir Fel's clone Carib Devist, defected to the Republic.
|Soontir Fel's father||Soontir Fel's mother|
|Syal Antilles Fel|
(see Antilles family)
|Soontir Fel||Todr Fel||Ajai Fel|
|Chak Fel||Davin Fel||Jagged Fel||Unidentified female||Cherith Fel||Cem Fel||Wynssa Fel||Fyric Fel|
|Fel II||Unidentified female|
(Roan Fel's cousin)
|Roan Fel||Elliah Fel|
Behind the scenes
Because Roan, Marasiah, and Mohrgan Fel are Force users, it is widely believed by fans that they are descendants of Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel's longtime love interest. This speculation has been reinforced by the couple's marriage in Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse.
- Handbook 1: X-Wing Rogue Squadron
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: Legacy 0 (First identified as Fel dynasty)
- Star Wars: Legacy 0½
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 X-Wing Rogue Squadron 21: In the Empire's Service, Part 1
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 X-Wing Rogue Squadron 25: The Making of Baron Fel
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: Family Ties
- ↑ Survivor's Quest
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee
- ↑ Legacy 50: Extremes, Part 3
- ↑ Legacy 33: Fight Another Day, Part 2
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Star Wars: Legacy 0
- ↑ Legacy 8: Allies
- ↑ X-Wing Rogue Squadron 26: Family Ties, Part 1
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
- ↑ Vision of the Future
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Exile
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Inferno
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Invincible
- ↑ Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant
- ↑ Legacy 2: Broken, Part 2
- ↑ Legacy—War 6
- ↑ While Legacy 8: Allies established Mohrgan Fel as Roan Fel's cousin, it has not been confirmed whether he was a first cousin or a more distant relative. Consecutively, it cannot be stated for sure at this point that he was an offspring of Fel II's sibling, as such sibling has not been mentioned in Star Wars canon thus far; hence Mohrgan's placement in the family tree.