Felucia was a colorful, humid jungle planet located in the Felucia system of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. Located along the Perlemian Trade Route, its important strategic location made it a major battleground throughout the Clone Wars.
Felucia was a remote world in the Felucia system, overrun with thick, colorful, and humid jungle, which was punctuated with small farming villages populated by the planet's native Felucians. Several non-sentient species also inhabited the world, including Gelagrubs, jungle rancors, and tee-muss. Despite its perceived insignificance, its important location and resources (which included the healing plant nysillin) led to several conflicts both in orbit and on the surface.
Being a key planet for control of the Perlemian Trade Route, Felucia was the location of several battles between the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. In 21 BBY, the first battle on the planet saw the Republic forces, led by Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Plo Koon, dislodged by a Separatist onslaught via blockade.
Later in the war, Separatist forces destroyed the Republic Felucia Medical Station HCTFF2 present in orbit, deploying a Vulture droid deployment station to safeguard their hold on the system. Around this time, a nysillin farming community was terrorized by Hondo Ohnaka's Florrum-based pirate gang, who stole the settlers' crop harvest. In order to protect themselves, the farmers hired a group of bounty hunters which consisted of Sugi, Embo, Seripas and Rumi Paramita. This group later grew to include stranded Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano. With their assistance, the farmers were able to fend off the pirate band.
In 20 BBY, elements of the 104th Battalion, led by Generals Koon and Skywalker and Commander Tano fought to take a Separatist outpost on the planet; the assault ended in success as the Separatist presence at the outpost was eliminated, however it also resulted in Ahsoka Tano's kidnapping by rogue Trandoshan hunters.
Later, during the Outer Rim Sieges of 19 BBY, yet another battle was fought on the planet; this time Jedi Master Aayla Secura, Commander Bly, and their 327th Star Corps were sent to the planet to engage the droid army. However, prior to the commencement of hostilities, Secura was executed by her clones after the enactment of Order 66.
Under the EmpireEdit
- "Felucia, then—in reprisal for the way the Republic left it."
"Of no significance."
- ―Wilhuff Tarkin and Darth Vader discussing targets along the Perlemian Trade Route
After the end of the Clone Wars and the defeat of the Separatists, Felucia fell under the control of Emperor Palpatine's new Galactic Empire. During this period, the Imperial Military maintained a large garrison in the Felucia system. However, the planet was considered to be devastated after the large fighting that occurred during the Clone Wars. Because of this, Moff Wilhuff Tarkin suggested it as a possible target for Berch Teller's insurgents, as a reprisal of sorts for the way the Republic left the planet; however, this possibility was dismissed by Darth Vader, and the rebels would attack Lucazec instead.
Around 10 BBY, Lando Calrissian pulled off a hair-raising smuggling run on the planet which helped pay off his debts with Dryden Vos of Crimson Dawn and afterwards was enjoying downtime at the Lodge on Vandor when he was approached by Tobias Beckett and his gang to transport them to Kessel.
First Order–Resistance warEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Early concept art for Felucia depicted a world of enormous bulbous plants that seeped antigravitic goo into the skies, which later evolved to become the planet Saleucami (at the time, named "Falucia"). Originally designed for an opening montage of Confederacy planets under assault by the Galactic Republic, Felucia would be ultimately used during the Order 66 montage scene, serving as the place of the death of fan favorite Aayla Secura.
Some of the earliest concept art for the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens from January 2013 featured Felucia, with images of it being drawn by Dave Filoni, Erik Tiemens, Kurt Kaufman, and Yanick Dusseault showing the Millennium Falcon landing on it by a lake, and a figure with a red lightsaber overlooking the ship. It would appear that the planet was replaced with the world that eventually became Takodana.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Collapse of the Republic
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 7.8 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – The park has official backstory elements that, though not directly published for the public, are officially canon per the location's show guides and employees, and the details can be obtained verbally from cast members working the stores.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities
- ↑ Community Transmission - A Look at what's coming in 2019 - STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT. Retrieved on August 20, 2019.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Tarkin
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens