A fern was a type of plant. Types of fern included amber ferns, Blood Razor ferns, bull-ferns, climbing ferns, feather ferns, glass-ferns, Jovarian sun ferns, kata-wata, razor ferns, shag ferns, singing ferns, splinter ferns, and tentacle ferns. At least one type of ferns was violet in color.
Fern-trees, plants found on the planet Duroon, were similar to ferns. Ferns shared their name with crystal ferns, possibly silicon-based crystalline life-forms, and fern bickers, a species of bipedal creature living on the planet Kashyyyk.
Behind the scenesEdit
One namesake of the fern, the fern potato, was mentioned in the 1993 book Monsters and Aliens from George Lucas, a publication that combines creature designs and photographs from various projects of George Lucas, creator of the Star Wars franchise, with original text by Bob Carrau. Lucasfilm employee Leland Chee, who maintains the Holocron continuity database, has indicated that information contained in the book is non-canonical with respect to the Star Wars Legends continuity.
Monsters and Aliens from George LucasEdit
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Endor and the Moddell Sector"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 15 (YAV2, Yavin 4)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 26 (MID8, Planets of the Mid Rim)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Mentioned in multiple entries, but without own entry)
- Suns of Fortune
Notes and referencesEdit
- Fern on Wikipedia