A fibercord whip, also known as a smart-rope or a monolink filament, was a projected length of fibercord used to ensnare an individual. A grappling hook was usually attached to the end. Jango Fett employed this device against Obi-Wan Kenobi when they fought on Kamino in 22 BBY. Boba Fett used a fibercord whip against Chewbacca when he suspected him of attacking Luke Skywalker. The bounty hunter would also use that device to ensnare Skywalker at the Great Pit of Carkoon in 4 ABY. Skywalker struggled, but managed to sever the cord with a blaster bolt deflected using his lightsaber.
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Coloring Book (Max Rebo) (Picture only)
- "Boba Fett: Mystery Man in Not-So-Shining Armor"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 1
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- Boba Fett's Armor: An Essential Guide to a Walking Weapon
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Expansion: Prima Official Game Guide