The father of the Galactic Republic soldier Fideltin Rusk was a Chagrian male who lived on the planet Mindor during and before the Great Galactic War between the Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. A strong pacifist like many of his species, the man married his wife sometime before 3680 BBY, the year the two had their son Fideltin, and they raised him in the pacifist colony in which they lived. However, Rusk rebelled against the colony's ideals and enlisted in the Republic Military as soon as he was of age, and Rusk did not return to the colony throughout the Great Galactic War and the subsequent Cold War. In 3651 BBY, the colony was attacked by the Empire during an incursion into Republic space, and Rusk's parents were killed along with the rest of the colony.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The father of Fideltin Rusk, a companion character for the Jedi Knight class in the 2011 BioWare video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, was first mentioned in the Holonet section of the game's official site. Rusk also speaks about his family and their fates during the companion conversation "Passive Resistance," and the in-game Codex entry also mentions his family.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Sergeant Rusk: "Passive Resistance" establishes that the Chagrian colony was destroyed ten years prior to the conversation, which takes place in Act III. This places the colony's destruction, during which Rusk's father dies, in 3651 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Sergeant Rusk: "Passive Resistance"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Sergeant Fideltin Rusk"