- "Ten years ago, the colony was attacked by the Sith. My family was killed. They never fought back. The Sith crushed them, the way you might step on a bug."
- ―Fideltin Rusk
The father of the Galactic Republic soldier Fideltin Rusk was a Chagrian male who lived on the planet Mindor before and during the Great Galactic War between the Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. A strong pacifist like many of his species, the man married his wife sometime before 3680 BBY, the year the two had their son Fideltin. They raised him in the pacifist colony in which they lived.
However, Rusk rebelled against the colony's ideals and enlisted in the Republic Military as soon as he was of age, and he did not return to the colony throughout the Great Galactic War and the subsequent Cold War. In 3650 BBY, the colony was attacked by the Sith Empire during an incursion into Republic space, and Rusk's parents were killed along with the rest of the colony. In the aftermath of the attack, Rusk's superiors began receiving reports that he became increasingly reckless in battle.
Behind the scenes
The father of Fideltin Rusk, a companion character for the Jedi Knight class in the 2011 BioWare video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, was first mentioned in the Holonet section of the game's official site.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Sergeant Rusk: "Passive Resistance" establishes that Fideltin Rusk's father died when a Chagrian colony on Mindor was destroyed ten years prior. The conversation takes place in Act III of Star Wars: The Old Republic, which occurs in 3640 BBY per the reasoning here. Therefore, the colony's destruction and the death of Rusk's father took place in 3650 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places the Chagrian colony that Fideltin Rusk grew up in on Mindor and also details that the Chagrian species are generally pacifist by nature.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Sergeant Rusk: "Passive Resistance"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia gives Fideltin Rusk an age of 40 years old, and dates the events of Star Wars: The Old Republic to 3640 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Sergeant Fideltin Rusk"