The Fifth Brother's lightsaber was a double-bladed spinning lightsaber wielded by the Jedi hunter known as Fifth Brother, similar to other double-bladed spinning lightsabers wielded by Imperial Inquisitors.
The weapon featured a ringed emitter which could partially detach from the cylindrical handgrip in the center, allowing the twin blades to rotate rapidly without effort from the wielder. For a Jedi hunter like an Inquisitor, this function likely served as a way to intimidate opponents, as well as deflect any form of frontal attack. However, this was also the weapon's primary weakness, as a lightsaber-wielding opponent could simply destroy the emitter itself and cut the weapon in half, as was demonstrated by Kanan Jarrus during his final duel with the Grand Inquisitor aboard the Sovereign.
It could also be used to fly, spinning in a helicopter-like motion strong enough to lift the wielder off the ground.
This lightsaber saw recurring use by the Fifth Brother as he was dispatched by Darth Vader alongside the Seventh Sister to hunt down the Spectres. This hunt would bring the pair into several duels with rebel Jedi, engaging in combat against the cell's Jedi members: Kanan Jarrus and Ezra Bridger, as well as the Phoenix Cell's former Jedi leader, Ahsoka Tano.
In 3 BBY,[source?] whilst on Malachor Tano struck the Fifth Brother's weapon with one of her own white lightsabers, damaging his lightsaber. Disarmed, the Fifth Brother was immediately slain by the former Sith Lord, Maul.
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 6
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 7 (Cover only)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 19
- Star Wars Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republic" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Always Two There Are"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Future of the Force"
- "Ice Breaking"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 16
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- Maul: A Star Wars Rebels Cinestory Comic
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Star Wars Rebels – "Always Two There Are"
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars states that kyber crystals form the heart of a lightsaber.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters"
- ↑ http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=104334
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 6