- "Whoever heard of a bander who didn't gamble?"
- ―Figrin D'an
A male Bith born on the species' homeworld of Bith, Figrin D'an proved to have a fine aptitude for music and high manual dexterity for playing a range of instruments, and became the bandleader and organizer of the all-Bith band Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes. D'an favored the Kloo horn, although could also play a mean Gasan string drum. He proved overbearing and compulsive to his band-mates, although the Modal Nodes earned a reputable standing in the music industry, and achieved reasonable success on the galactic circuit. However, the band largely remained an entertainment feature on the Outer Rim Territories, theorized to be due to the lack of vocals in their tracks. In particular, they became a popular fixture at Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina in Mos Eisley on Tatooine, where patrons preferred D'an's work on the Gasan string drum over his usual Kloo horn.
Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, D'an and the Modal Nodes played their most recognizable tune "Mad About Me" on stage in Chalmun's cantina, although their performance was interrupted by Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi slicing off the arm of the Aqualish Ponda Baba in defense of the young farmboy Luke Skywalker. Once the incident was over, the band began playing again as the cantina's patrons returned to their drinks.
Personality and traitsEdit
As a Bith, Figrin D'an had a fine aptitude for music and boasted a high manual dexterity, allowing him to play a range of instruments. While head of the Modal Nodes, Figrin D'an was overbearing and compulsive, although the band managed to maintain a reputable standing in the music industry. Nonetheless, Figrin was a rocking frontman, and his deft playing of his Kloo horn earned him the nickname "Fiery" Figrin.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Appears in hologram)
- Bounty Hunt
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- "The Luckless Rodian"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Not for Nothing"—From a Certain Point of View
- "The Kloo Horn Cantina Caper"—From a Certain Point of View (Indirect mention only)
- (First identified as Figrin D'an)
- (First identified as "Fiery")
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Databank A-Z: Poe Dameron–Delta 7-B)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition