- "We will take him to the Finalizer where he will yield the map's location to me."
- ―Kylo Ren, in reference to the captured Poe Dameron
The Finalizer was a Resurgent-class Battlecruiser and was 2,915.81 meters, the standard length for an Resurgent-class Star Destroyer. As such it was armed with over 1,500 turbolasers and ion cannons, point-defense turrets, point-defense missile enmplacements and tractor beam projectors
The Finalizer was secretly built by the First Order in their "distant orbital factories" years after the Battle of Endor. It was in violation of the New Republic's disarmament treaties. It was built as a successor to the former Galactic Empire's Imperial II-class Star Destroyer.
It was the site of the advanced training for older stormtrooper cadets. After the Parnassos warrior Phasma was brought into the First Order inner circle by General Brendol Hux, Captain Cardinal was marginalized and the training was turned over to Phasma.
Usage during the Cold warEdit
Attack on JakkuEdit
The ship was under command of General Armitage Hux during Kylo Ren's assault on the planet Jakku in an attempt to obtain Luke Skywalker's hiding position from a Lor San Tekka, an ally of the Resistance. When the Resistance fighter, Poe Dameron, was captured during the assault, the Finalizer remained in orbit during his interrogation.
During Dameron's escape, he and the deserting stormtrooper, FN-2187, stole a TIE/sf space superiority fighter from one of the vessel's hangars and managed to disable the Finalizer's turbolasers. During their escape, the Battlecruiser was only able to seriously damage the TIE, without fully destroying it. It was later present when Starkiller Base fired on the Hosnian system, with Ren watching the blast from the ship's bridge.
A New Galactic WarEdit
Attack on the Resistance baseEdit
The Finalizer later participated in the hunt for the Resistance fleet after D'Qar was evacuated shortly after Starkiller Base's destruction, with it being under the command of Captain Edrison Peavey during this time due to Hux being transferred to Supreme Leader Snoke's flagship, the Mega-class Star Dreadnought Supremacy.
Pursuing the Resistance fleetEdit
Destruction of Tah'NuhnaEdit
The Finalizer, along with 17 other Resurgent-class Star Destroyers and a Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought, participated in the destruction of the planet Tah'Nuhna as they had contact with Resistance members.
Final action at BatuuEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
The Finalizer first appeared in the second teaser trailer for the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens on April 16, 2015. It was first named in a Databank entry posted on StarWars.com on September 4.
In the second episode of the LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises television series, entitled "The Trouble with Rathtars", the Finalizer intercepted the smuggler Han Solo who was transporting Rathtars onboard the freighter Eravana.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "The Trouble with Rathtars"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Though Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections describes the Finalizer as a Resurgent-class Star Destroyer, Jason Fry later retconned its class to Resurgent-class Battleship in a blog post on StarWars.com
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 5.13 5.14 5.15 5.16 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge 5
- ↑ 9.0 9.1
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- ↑ Phasma
- ↑ Allegiance 1
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "The Trouble with Rathtars"