The findsmen (singular: findsman) were a mystic tradition of the Gand species that dated back centuries on their fog-shrouded homeworld of Gand. Findsmen were known for their uncanny tracking skills, and when the tradition began to die out on Gand, a Gand known as Zuckuss became one of the first to venture off-world, using his particular talents to become a renowned and highly sought-after bounty hunter. At the time of the Iron Blockade, the findsman Vakk operated in the Anoat sector. Unusual even among his mystically minded peers, Vakk was strictly non-violent, using his skills only to track and discover but never to apprehend or kill.
Behind the scenesEdit
Originally appearing unnamed in the 1980 film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, the findsmen were first identified as such Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, a 1989 Star Wars Legends supplement written by Michael Stern for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. Its name became canon when it was utilized in Ultimate Star Wars, a reference book co-written by Patricia Barr, Adam Bray, Daniel Wallace, and Ryder Windham that was released on April 28, 2015.
- "Hunter vs Hunted"—Star Wars Adventures Free Comic Book Day 2018
- "Powered Down, Part I"—Star Wars Adventures 10
- "Powered Down, Part II"—Star Wars Adventures 11
- Darth Vader 16
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Boba Fett - The Bounty Hunter"
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as findsman)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious