Fir Megsan was the child of a soldier who served the Galactic Republic during the Great Galactic War with the reconstituted Sith Empire. Megsan's father was present on the Republic capital planet of Coruscant during the Empire's Sacking of Coruscant in 3653 BBY, and the man was killed by the Sith Lord Praven. In response, Megsan set a bounty on the Sith Pureblood, but every bounty hunter who attempted to kill Praven were instead killed by the Sith, whom Megsan saw as a "scum" and "pompous butcher."
Behind the scenes
- "Heard through the grapevine that you fought and killed Lord Pravan on Tatooine. Guess that makes me your new biggest fan, even though we've never met."
- ―Fir Megsan, in their message to the player
Fir Megsan is mentioned in the 2011 BioWare video game, Star Wars: The Old Republic, as the author of a message to players of the Jedi Knight character who have chosen at least one dark side option after their confrontation with Lord Praven on the planet Tatooine in 3643 BBY, instead of convincing him to become a Jedi for light side points. In the message, Megsan expresses gratitude to the player for avenging their father, explaining that he had died during the Sacking of Coruscant, and that everyone who pursued the bounty that was placed on Lord Praven "caught a serious case of corpse." The message is additionally attached with some credits as reward. However, this article assumes the Jedi Knight to be a light side character, and so Megsan's bounty is assumed to never have been fulfilled.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—The message Lord Praven from Fir Megsan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Desert Duel" on Tatooine
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of the Prologue and Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. places