The Fire Breather was a huge leviathan with tough hide and natural chemicals that was manipulated by the Yuuzhan Vong for use as a heavy support organism.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
These deadly war beasts had flexible proboscises that spewed streams of gelatinous flame, pores that exhaled anti-laser aerosols, and hides thick enough to withstand all but a blast from a turbolaser.
The liquid flame was created through a unique chemical reaction caused by the mixture of methane, hydrogen sulfide, and a mysterious substance deep within the guts of the Fire Breather. The beasts were often deployed for clearing out entrenched enemy positions.
A smaller anti-personnel version also existed.
History[edit | edit source]
Fire Breathers were first encountered on Gyndine where they burned the forests and caused the lakes to boil. According to most reports, the Fire Breathers acquired swamp gas from the planet Mimban in the Circarpous system, prior to invading Gyndine. Fire Breathers also appeared with an invasion on Artorias.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Invasion 0: Refugees, Prologue (Appears in flashback(s))
- Invasion: Refugees 1
- Invasion: Refugees 3 (Mentioned only)
- Invasion: Refugees 4 (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Traitor
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
Sources[edit | edit source]
- I, Yuuzhan Vong"—Star Wars Gamer 8 "
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia