During the Battle of Sullust of the Clone Wars, R2-D2 utilised his built-in fire extinguisher to rescue Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi and his astromech droid R4-P17 by spraying its contents over their scorched starfighter.
After escaping from the first Death Star in 0 BBY, R2-D2 made use of the tool to put out a small fire that was started on the Millennium Falcon after it took several hits from pursuing TIE fighters. In 3 ABY, he again made use of his built-in extinguisher while on Cloud City. This time it was used as a smokescreen to blind the stormtroopers that were chasing them.
After losing his duel with his former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar, Darth Vader, saddened, sat too close to lava and caught his pants on fire. However, Emperor Sheev Palpatine arrived just in time to save him by putting out the fire with a fire extinguisher, stating that he liked his Sith Lords on the dark side, not burned to a crisp. Despite this, Vader was forced to henceforth wear armor due to his burns.
- The Vow of Silver Dawn
- Queen's Peril
- Queen's Peril audiobook
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- "Mercy Mission"—The Rise of the Empire
- Rebel Rising
- Rebel Rising audiobook
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Shadow Fall
- Shadow Fall audiobook
- Age of Resistance - Rey 1
- Choose Your Destiny: A Finn & Poe Adventure
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (First identified as Fire extinguisher)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 1 (Droid Directory: R2-series Astromech Droids, Part 1)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 28 (Weapons & Uniforms: Droid Firefighters)