- "That thing's a disaster."
- ―Kazuda Xiono, assessing the Fireball
The Fireball was an old racer that Team Fireball tried to restore in their repair shop on the Colossus, a refueling station on the planet Castilon. It was given its name because of its tendency to burst into flames or explode. At the time of Kazuda Xiono's arrival at the station as part of a spy mission, it had been promised to Tamara Ryvora, if she could get it to fly. Yeager offered it to Xiono in order to compete in a race against Torra Doza. Yeager's team was able to repair it in time, but Xiono pushed it too fast during the race, causing the engines to catch aflame and crash into the ocean. It was later recovered, along with Xiono.
Some time later, Team Fireball was repairing the acceleration compensator. Xiono accidentally broke the repair job, causing Ryvora to become angry and demand that he repair it. After becoming involved in the hunt for two children on the station, his new friends the Chelidae engineers helped him repair the compensator, which Xiono presented to Ryvora.
The Fireball was next flown when Xiono needed to go to an offworld rendezvous with the Resistance. Yeager arranged for Xiono and BB-8 to leave the Colossus early enough that Ryvora, who was possessive of the ship, would only learn of their departure after they were gone. However, unbeknownst to Yeager and Xiono, Ryvora had decided to replace the ship's stabilizers, and had not yet completed the job. When she revealed this fact to Yeager after discovering Xiono had left, Yeager was concerned. Above Castilon, Xiono and BB-8 ran into mechanical trouble due to the missing stabilizer, and Xiono thought that the ship was going to explode before several Resistance ships arrived just in time. Poe Dameron, shocked that Xiono was flying such an old ship, promised to have mechanics look at it.
Some time later, it was ready for launch. During the Bibo incident, Kaz jumped into the cockpit and launched to assist the Aces in fighting off a rokkna which was assaulting the station. Kaz used it to strafe the sea monster, and at one point gave a wingtip assist to Griff Halloran. Eventually Team Fireball realized that the rokkna was there to find her baby, which Neeku Vozo had adopted and named "Bibo". The mechanic returned the baby, defusing the situation.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Fireball is Kazuda Xiono's craft in the 2018 animated series Star Wars Resistance. It was designed by veteran Star Wars modelmaker Bill George, developed as a cross between a T-65B X-wing starfighter and a Chance-Vought F4U Corsair, an American naval fighter from World War II.
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Triple Dark"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Fuel for the Fire"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The High Tower"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Children from Tehar"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Signal from Sector Six"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Search for Kaz"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Synara's Score"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Platform Classic"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Station Theta Black"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Bucket's Quest"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Buggle's Day Out"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Rematch"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Bibo"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Dangerous Business"
- (First pictured)
- Star Wars Resistance: Meet the Pilots
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars Resistance – "Bibo"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Resistance – "Station Theta Black"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit"
- ↑ Star Wars Resistance – "The Children from Tehar"
- ↑ Young, Bryan (October 5, 2018). Exclusive: ILM Legend Bill George Returns to 'Star Wars' With 'Resistance'. Slashfilm.
- ↑ Brian Truitt (2018-09-14). 'Star Wars': Ace pilots, not Jedi, take center stage in animated 'Resistance' series. USA Today. Archived from the original on September 14, 2018. Retrieved on September 14, 2018.