- "Can't you see they're retreating?"
"They're about to overrun you, Ahsoka! You just can't see it. Now follow orders and get in the ship."
- ―Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker
The First Battle of Felucia was a battle that took place for control of the planet Felucia during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The Republic was forced to retreat when Separatist forces threatened to overrun them.
- "Come on, grunts! We are leaving!"
- ―Captain Rex ordering his men onto the gunships
The Republic forces on Felucia under Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Commander Ahsoka Tano were surrounded by Separatist battle droids that were overrunning their positions. During the battle, Skywalker sent Tano on patrol into the jungle. The Separatists also set up a blockade around the planet. Thus, Kenobi's and Skywalker's troops knew they had to retreat.
Jedi General Plo Koon and his forces then arrived. Koon's Venator-class Star Destroyer were able to blow a hole in the Separatist's blockade. Plo Koon, in his Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor, along with several V-19 Torrent starfighters, accompanied the gunships to evacuate Kenobi's and Skywalker's forces. Koon then took on the vulture droids while clone pilots, including "Warthog," protected the gunships. The gunships were able to land and started to evacuate Kenobi's and Skywalker's forces.
However, Padawan Commander Tano refused to be evacuated, now that her patrol had the battle droids on the run. She continued pushing the droids back, but Skywalker convinced her to retreat when he said the droids were regrouping and were about to overrun her position. Thus, Tano and her troops abandoned their vehicles and boarded the gunships.
- "The setback at Felucia has affected our efforts in the whole sector. It'll take weeks before we can…"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 17 (Databank A-Z: Ewoks–Finn (FN-2187)) (Indirect mention only)
- Collapse of the Republic
- "Anakin Skywalker" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (First identified as First Battle of Felucia)
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission, and that it ended 19 years before the mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY and ended in 19 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas conclusion of the Battle of Ryloth and the second mission to Rodia to 21 BBY. As the episode this event takes place within takes place between the events of the episodes the other events are attached to according to , this event must take place in 21 BBY.
- Collapse of the Republic