- "We must decide how best to enjoy and preserve our hard won freedom."
- ―Admiral Gial Ackbar
Held shortly after the major defeat of the Imperial Navy and the death of Emperor Palpatine, the conference established the interim galactic government known as the Alliance of Free Planets. The conference was attended by representatives of from the Aqualish, Bith, Em'liy, Ewoks, Hoojibs, Jawas, Ortolans, Pinurquian, Rodians, Twi'leks, Ugnaughts, and Zeltrons. Attended by representatives from numerous free worlds, the conference dealt with such issues as trade, taxation, and the adjudication and administration of a new body of interplanetary laws.
The conference was hosted by Mon Mothma and Admiral Gial Ackbar, the incumbent Rebel Alliance leaders, and made decisions by a simple majority vote. The major product of the conference was the Declaration of the Alliance of Free Planets.
- Star Wars 90: The Choice (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars 89: I'll See You in the Throne Room
- ↑ Star Wars 91: Wookiee World
- ↑ The Forgotten War: The Nagai and the Tofs places the Declaration of the Alliance of Free Planets one week after the Battle of Endor. X-Wing: Rogue Leader 1 places the raid on Coronet approximately two weeks after the Battle of Endor.
- ↑ The Forgotten War: The Nagai and the Tofs places the Declaration of the Alliance of Free Planets one week after the Battle of Endor. The Essential Atlas places the beginning of Return of the Jedi on 39:3:3.