First Order Space was a territory of the First Order located in the galaxy's Unknown Regions. An area of space outside of the New Republic's supervision, it served as the First Order and its associates' refuge.
Separated from the Republic by the Trans-Hydian Borderlands, a formal buffer zone that consisted of neutral systems per peace negotiations with the Republic, First Order assets, including galactic arms-manufacturing corporations such as BlasTech Industries and Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc.'s Sonn-Blas Corporation subsidiary, took root and operated from within the region to evade the arms-selling restrictions mandated by First Order-New Republic treaty.
Behind the scenes
First Order Space was first mentioned in the 2015 publications Before the Awakening and Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary. It was first identified in Poe Dameron 14, a comic released on May 3 2017.
- Before the Awakening (First mentioned, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary)
- Poe Dameron 6 (Mentioned only) (First identified as First Order Space)
- Poe Dameron 11 (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 14 (First appearance)
- Poe Dameron 24
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned, simultaneous with Before the Awakening)
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition