- "Get all our forces down to that Resistance base. Let's finish this."
"Finish this? Who do you think you're talking to? You presume to command my army?"
- ―Kylo Ren and General Armitage Hux
The First Order army was the ground-based service branch of the First Order military. Formed from the Imperial Army of the Galactic Empire, it was responsible for maintaining order throughout First Order space as well as the gradual conquest and colonization of the Unknown Regions.
Following the defeat of the Galactic Empire at the Battle of Jakku and its surrender with the signing of the Galactic Concordance, the First Order and its military eventually formed in the Unknown Regions where it plotted its eventual return to power. The First Order army was descended from the Imperial Army, which served as the ground forces of the "Old Empire." The Army was responsible for enforcing order throughout First Order space and the colonization of the Unknown Regions.
During the cold war, the stormtroopers of the First Order's army saw action against the Resistance on various locations and operations including Ovanis, Spalex, the search for Lor San Tekka, and the quelling of the strike at Pressy's Tumble. In 34 ABY, First Order stormtroopers were also deployed during the attack on Tuanul and the search for the map that lead to Luke Skywalker. The First Order's army was led by General Armitage Hux, who also commanded Starkiller Base.
Substantial First Order army forces including walkers were stationed on the snowy planet, which doubled as a superweapon. The First Order's army and other branches including the First Order Navy were involved in the construction of the massive superweapon. Following the Hosnian Cataclysm, First Order stormtroopers saw action against the Resistance during the Battle of Takodana. The First Order military sustained many casualties during the Battle of Starkiller Base.
During the Battle of Crait, significant First Order ground forces including stormtroopers, snowtroopers, AT-ATs, AT-STs, All Terrain MegaCaliber Six walkers, All Terrain Heavy Haulers, and a Superlaser siege cannon assaulted the Resistance outpost on Crait.
The First Order army was largely composed of stormtroopers, which had several variants that included snowtroopers, SCUBA troopers, megablaster heavy assault troopers, flametroopers, riot control stormtroopers, rocket troopers, First Order stormtrooper executioners, and First Order stormtrooper gunners.
Vehicles and machineryEdit
The First Order army employed a variety of ground assets for their ground operations. It used an arsenal of walkers for transportation, artillery, and other objectives. Such walkers included the All Terrain MegaCaliber Six, the First Order All Terrain Armored Transport, the All Terrain Heavy Hauler, the All Terrain Mobile Artillery, the First Order All Terrain Scout Transport, the All Terrain Patrol Droid, the All Terrain Heavy Scout, the mobile assault walker, and the spider walker and the Urban Assault Triped Transport 
The Army also made use of other vehicles, including the elite speeder bike, 125-Z treadspeeder bike, the Light Infantry Utility Vehicle, and an unidentified flametrooper transport. The Army was also equipped with a superlaser siege cannon that served as an artillery piece.
Weapons and equipmentEdit
The First Order army possessed a variety of weapons and equipment. Ranged weapons included DLT-19D heavy blaster rifle, the FWMB-10 repeating blaster and its variant, the FWMB-10K, the RK-3, the SE-44C blaster pistol, and the F-11D blaster rifle. The Army's weapons arsenal also consisted of the F-Z0 antipersonnel blaster cannon, the D-93 Incinerator flamethrower, smart rocket and the G125 projectile launcher.
The Army was also equipped with melee weapons, which included the Z6 riot control baton, electroprod, the BL-155 Laser ax, the electrostaff, the riot shield, and the vibro-knife. Equipment deployed by the Army incorporated quadnoculars, jump packs, NJP-900 integrated jetpack, pauldrons, and thermal detonators.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Army)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: New Adventures
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 18 (Weapons & Uniforms: The First Order)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Heroes of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (First identified as First Order army)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Before the Awakening
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars Resistance – "The Children from Tehar"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Poe Dameron 1
- ↑ Poe Dameron 17
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 1"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ Poe Dameron 2
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge 4
- ↑ Poe Dameron 7
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker