- "We need that platform, Karé. There's nowhere to land on this planet—It's all mountains and ravines. If we stay here too long, we'll run out of fuel. But if we can get it we'll have a landing spot for our ships, a chance to refuel and control over the only way in and out of that cave."
- ―Black Squadron pilot Temmin Wexley, to fellow pilot Karé Kun
During the Mission to Ovanis, the First Order used a model of landing platform as a staging area to launch both TIE/fo space superiority fighters and TIE/sf space superiority fighters as well as atmospheric assault landers.
The First Order landing platform was a type of flatbed starship used for the transportation of starfighters and troops. The platform was a simple rectangular flat starship, distinguished by a pair of frontal fins and a single off-center bridge. The platform was armed with 3 ventral laser cannons and one laser cannon mounted next to the bridge. The First Order landing platform could be deployed by a larger cruiser, such as a Maxima-A class heavy cruiser.
Similar to their predecessor's aerial landing platform, the First Order's landing platform could be utilized to transport troops and various starcraft and to act as a staging area. It provided fuel and acted as a landing platform for starfighters on mountainous planets where it would otherwise be difficult.
Mission to OvanisEdit
- "You got that a little wrong, Poe."
"I'm not wrong, Karé. I'm looking at the tracker right now."
"Not about the tracker. About the First Order. They aren't on their way. They're already here."
- ―Black Squadron pilot Karé Kun to squad leader Poe Dameron after discovering a First Order landing platform on Ovanis.
During the Cold war, the military junta known as the First Order employed at least one of these landing platforms. Around 33 ABY, during the Resistance's mission to Ovanis, the First Order deployed this platform from the Maxima-A-class heavy cruiser, Ravenous, to the surface of Ovanis to reinforce Agent Terex during his hunt for the Resistance pilot Poe Dameron. The platform brought with it 2 TIE/fo space superiority fighters, 6 TIE/sf space superiority fighters, 2 AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transports, 2 single-person transports, a First Order speeder bike, and a squadron of First Order Stormtroopers consisting of at least 2 Flametroopers, 8 First Order jet troopers, and 2 First Order Special Forces.
The landing platform floated above Ovanis' rocky surface, blocking the entrance to a cave, cutting off Resistance starfighter group Black Squadron from their commander, Poe Dameron, who at the time was inside the cave negotiating with the native Crèche. Dameron was unaware of the First Order's arrival, or that Agent Terex was in puruit with a squadron of troopers. In a bid to take the landing platform for themselves and gain the upper hand, Black Squadron attacked the platform, destroying the First Order's TIE support. However, during the assault the landing platform was destroyed. The debris from the destruction blocked the opening to the Crèche cave, trapping Poe Dameron with the First Order.
Behind the scenesEdit
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Poe Dameron 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Poe Dameron 2
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 15
- ↑ Bloodline
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 14
- ↑ Breznican, Anthony (2015-08-12). Star Wars: The Force Awakens: J.J. Abrams explores 'Who IS Luke Skywalker …?'. Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on June 7, 2020. Retrieved on August 25, 2015.
- ↑ Matt Martin states on Twitter that Poe Dameron 1 takes place at least one year before Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas states that the events of Episode VII take place in 34 ABY, then the events of Poe Dameron 1 must take place around 33 ABY.
- ↑ Poe Dameron 3
- ↑ Poe Dameron (2016) #1. Marvel. Archived from the original on March 22, 2018. Retrieved on July 13, 2019.