- "Death by blaster fire is too good for them. Let's make this hurt."
First Order stormtrooper executioners, also known as First Order Judicial Stormtroopers or Executioner Troopers, were First Order stormtroopers randomly selected and assigned to dispense final justice on enemies and traitors of the First Order.
Owing to the First Order's merciless attitude towards treason—exceeding even that of the Galactic Empire, where even a derogatory remark was considered treasonous—the First Order stormtrooper executioners tended to do several public executions each day on anyone with even slight loyalty issues. In addition, the stormtrooper executioner underwent several rotations during each session, and was even considered at times a test to see whether they would make it within the Stormtrooper Corps. They were trained to deal with anyone disloyal to the First Order, with it being considered an effective method of stormtrooper training. Unlike most stormtrooper variants, however, they were not from a specialist unit, but were instead randomly picked among regular stormtroopers for that day depending on various assignments, and their identity was left anonymous to all but their commanding officer.
After Finn's defection to the Resistance and subsequent capture aboard the Supremacy, two of these were brought out by Captain Phasma to execute Finn and his companion Rose Tico, deeming an execution by blaster to be "too good for them." The two selected prepared to behead them on Phasma's command. Right as she gave the order, however, the Supremacy was suddenly devastated by Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo's suicide maneuver when she rammed the heavy cruiser Raddus into the Supremacy at lightspeed. The two executioners, along with the majority of those gathered in the hangar, were killed instantly in the devastation.
The executioners wore specially marked armor with a carbon-finish to denote their role as such. Additionally, their equipment did not broadcast serial numbers to their squadmates, in order to ensure their identity remained anonymous. Their helmets were also equipped with polarized lenses and Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition Systems.
Behind the scenesEdit
The First Order stormtrooper executioners were created for the 2017 film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson. The executioner was first officially revealed in behind-the-scenes footage from The Last Jedi at the D23 Expo in July 2017.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars: Force Arena (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel audiobook
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 5
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Set: 75197 First Order Specialists Battle Pack)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Activity Book with Stickers
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Heroes of the Galaxy
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: New Edition
- (First identified as Executioner Trooper)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi takes place immediately after the end of The Force Awakens.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary