- "I hereby propose the abolition of the title chancellor. In its stead, we will elect a 'First Senator'—and that First Senator will be given real authority over economic and military matters. Our troops and politicians will be answerable again. The Senate will have to cooperate. And we can finally move the New Republic forward!"
- ―Lady Carise Sindian proposing the creation of the First Senator
First Senator was a proposed position in the Galactic Senate of the New Republic. Intended as an influential and charismatic figure, the First Senator would have replaced the position of Chancellor and would have been tasked with bringing order to the divided government. The role of First Senator was proposed by Lady Carise Sindian, a Centrist, who wished to have a unifying figure who could break the impasse in the Galactic Senate between the Populists and Centrists. Populist Senator Leia Organa was considered a prime candidate by many for this position, until the true nature of her parentage was exposed by Centrist Senator Ransolm Casterfo. After her withdrawal from the role, Senator Tai-Lin Garr ran as the new Populist candidate, but he was assassinated. Following his assassination, both parties agreed that the election for First Senator should be postponed indefinitely.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- "Rebellion to Resistance"—Star Wars Insider 164
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- The Star Wars Book