Upon the foundation of the Galactic Republic in 25,053 BBY, a being served as its first Supreme Chancellor. The individual wore robes of blue color. The same hue was eventually adopted for the uniform of the Senate Guard, an elite force tasked with protecting the Galactic Senate, and became a recurrent element of the Guard's attire over the millennia-long existence of the Republic, eventually coming to symbolize the Senate's supreme authority as well as the longevity of its rule.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
For the cancelled Star Wars reference book History of the Old Republic, artist Travis Wright created an illustration depicting the foundation of the Galactic Republic. The illustration features a light-skinned, brown-haired Human male in blue attire standing in a podium resembling the Supreme Chancellor's podium of the Senate Building's Grand Convocation Chamber and presenting a hologram of a document's text to the other occupants of the chamber.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Galaxy at War (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Galaxy at War
- foundation of the Galactic Republic to 21,400 years before the Treaty of Coruscant, which corresponds to 25,053 BBY, per the reasoning here. dates the
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary
- Travis Wright (2015-02-10). History of the Old Republic. The Art of TJ Wright. Blogger. Archived from the original on July 30, 2019. Retrieved on January 15, 2021.
- Star Wars: Complete Locations