- "Hoop, huhp, Burl!"
- ―A Glurrg after being ordered to fish
Fishing was a practice of gathering aquatic fish for food observed by many cultures and factions across the galaxy. It was perhaps the most popular form of harvesting on planets with large masses of water, such as Naboo, the Forest Moon of Endor, and others. Most civilizations would use some variety of fishing pole or claw to gather the fish, but more primitive cultures, like the Gungans, would use Glurrgs to dive in after the fish and catch them.
Fishing was also one of the skills taught to Wookiee colonists on Alaris Prime by Qui-Gon Jinn as means of gathering food in the wilderness. Fishing on a scale large enough to feed an entire colony could be conducted by labor droids harvesting shore fish or in deeper waters by utility trawlers.
- Imperial Commando: 501st (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Pirates of Tarnoonga"
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine (Mentioned only)
- The Baby Ewoks' Picnic Surprise (First appearance)
- Wicket Goes Fishing: An Ewok Adventure
- Ewoks—"To Save Deej"
- Star Wars: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- Crosscurrent (Mentioned only)
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Suns of Fortune
- Strongholds of Resistance