Flak was a projectile-based weapons system, usually ground-based, that was used against attacking airborne craft. AT-AAs used flak systems, as did flak guns aboard various capital ships. The shells could use either proximity or timed fuses and exploded with showers of shrapnel. They could be highly dangerous to enemy combat airspeeders or starfighters, but much less so against other, larger classes of fighting ships. They were often used as a point-defense weapon.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cargo of Doom"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith video game
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel (First appearance)