- "Through the Force, a Jedi can endure even the most debilitating pain. Remember the Battle of Nar Shaddaa. Master Crucitorn fought on even after being immolated by the Flame-Wielders."
- ―Dooku, to Qui-Gon Jinn when teaching how to endure physical pain
The Flame-Wielders were a group who fought against the Jedi Order during the Battle of Nar Shaddaa, which took place by 68 BBY on the moon Nar Shaddaa. After being immolated by the Flame-Wielders, Jedi Master Crucitorn managed to endure the pain and continued to fight back. Around 68 BBY, Jedi Master Dooku mentioned the Flame-Wielders when demonstrating pain endurance to his Padawan, Qui-Gon Jinn.
Behind the scenes
The Flame-Wielders were mentioned in the audio drama Dooku: Jedi Lost, written by Cavan Scott and published on April 30, 2019. As Dooku: Jedi Lost was released as an audio-only story, the spelling of Flame-Wielders remained unconfirmed until it was given in the script release of the audio drama on October 1, 2019.
- Dooku: Jedi Lost (First mentioned) (In flashback(s))
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script (Mentioned only) (In flashback(s))
Notes and references
- Dooku: Jedi Lost
- Skywalker: A Family at War places the events of Master & Apprentice eight years before the Invasion of Naboo, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 32 BBY. Therefore, Master & Apprentice takes place in 40 BBY. Qui-Gon Jinn is established to be forty years old in Master & Apprentice, placing his birth to around 80 BBY. Jinn was twelve years old when he became apprentice to Dooku, and Dooku: Jedi Lost states that he was twelve when Dooku mentioned the Flame-Wielders. Since Jinn was born around 80 BBY, he would have been twelve around 68 BBY.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 81 (Guide to the Galaxy: Nal Hutta and Nar Shaddaa)
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script