One day in 0 BBY, as Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi arrived in Mos Eisley and headed for Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina, a recklessly-piloted S-swoop startled a ronto on Corporations Road, forcing the creature to rear to avoid a collision.
Behind the scenes
The Flare-S swoop was created for the extended Mos Eisley sequences in the Special Edition of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which was released in 1997. Both the vehicle and its pilot were entirely computer-generated. Although it was designed for the Special Edition, the swoop was in fact first revealed in the Star Wars Legends Shadows of the Empire multimedia project. Its design was resurrected and modified for a brief appearance in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Introduced in Special Edition)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as S-swoop)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z (Picture only)
- Starships and Speeders
- (First identified as Flare-S swoop)