- "I, like you once did, identify as fleet admiral—but you seem to have taken the title 'Grand Admiral' for yourself."
- ―Fleet Admiral Gial Ackbar, to Grand Admiral Rae Sloane
Fleet Admiral was a high-ranked position in several navies in the galaxy, including the Imperial Navy and New Republic Defense Fleet. In the Imperial Navy, a fleet admiral was superior to an admiral and inferior to a Grand Admiral. However, in the New Republic, the rank was the highest naval position which was in command of the entire starfleet.
Prior to 2 BBY, Sartan held the rank of Fleet Admiral, as well as Jok Donassius. Firmus Piett served as Fleet Admiral prior to the Battle of Endor. At some point after, the rank of Fleet Admiral was given to Gallius Rax, a friend of and close advisor to Emperor Sheev Palpatine. After the death of Palpatine during the Battle of Endor, Rax promoted Admiral Rae Sloane to the position for her actions during the Rebellion on Akiva, but later promoted her again to Grand Admiral.
- Thrawn audiobook
- Thrawn 4
- Thrawn 5 (Appears in hologram)
- Thrawn 6 (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath (First appearance)
- Aftermatht audiobook
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook
- "Blade Squadron: Jakku"—Star Wars Insider 172 (Voice only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 1 (Databank A-Z: Ask Aak–Stass Allie)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary