- "The Empire wouldn't hit a Tagge family ship... one brother's an Imperial Fleet Commander!"
- ―Han Solo
Culled from the best recruits in the galaxy, fleet commanders were trained at one of the Imperial military academies located throughout the Core Worlds. Or in the Rebellion's case, they were trained at one of the Imperial academies and later defected or came from elsewhere and were promoted.
They usually had their own flagship, which was typically the most powerful warship in the fleets which they were part of. Fleet Commanders were often targets of assassins and bounty hunters hired by the enemy.
In the Rebel assault on Kamino, Touler served as the Imperial fleet commander. During the Battle of Endor, Gherant served aboard the Super Star Destroyer Executor as the Fleet Commander of the massive Imperial armada assigned to protect the second Death Star.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the game Star Wars: Empire at War, Fleet Commanders increase the health and sight range of all nearby friendly ships and were also capable of detecting stealth units. This could be explained as the presence of the commander increasing morale.
- Star Wars 18: The Empire Strikes (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 35: Dark Lord's Gambit
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novelization (First appearance)
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Expansion: Prima Official Game Guide