- «Turn back. The enemy's too strong. They have my lightsaber…»
- ―Laotah's dying words[src]
The Flesh Raider Bladewielder was a Flesh Raider who lived on the planet Tython during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. A Flesh Raider with gray skin and white tattoos, the Force-sensitive Bladewielder was part of a group sent to establish a base in the ruins of the ancient Je'daii temple-city Kaleth during the Flesh Raider uprising in 3643 BBY. The Flesh Raider rose to a position of power after defeating the Selkath Jedi Laotah, who had attempted to investigate the Flesh Raider base. Earning the title by mortally wounding the Jedi and taking his lightsaber, the Bladewielder used the blue-bladed weapon in conjunction with Force powers until the Flesh Raider was killed by the apprentice of Jedi Master Orgus Din, who had been sent to eliminate the base.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Flesh Raider Bladewielder appears in The Old Republic, a 2011 MMORPG released by BioWare. The Bladewielder appears in the Jedi Knight mission "Dark Temptations" on Tython, as the enemy boss within the level. The item description for Laotah's lightsaber refers to the enemy as a "Flesh Raider firewielder," though that description was dropped in favor of "Bladewielder" for the NPC's name.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Dark Temptations" on Tython
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places