- "I'm sure that extra ten percent efficiency would have been useful at the Battle of Foerost!"
- ―An Imperial ensign, to Tabor Seitaron, on the Herald's upgrades
Foerost was a terrestrial astronomical object and the site of the Battle of Foerost, which took place by 14 BBY. The Drabatan Pao carried out a demolitions job on Foerost, his first known mission with the Rebel Alliance, which involved taking out a communications tower sometime by 0 BBY. The rebel Captain Cassian Andor remembered the Drabatan's job shortly before the Battle of Scarif that year, where the captain's team carried out a similar job. Andor thought to himself that he would ask Pao about the job before the mission began.
The Imperial Captain Tabor Seitaron, who had been a part of the Battle of Foerost, considered his participation in the battle a triumph in his career. While showing Seitaron around the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Herald in 3 ABY, an Imperial ensign commented on how the Herald's ten percent increase in efficiency would have been useful at the battle.
Behind the scenes
Foerost was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the 2015 novel Battlefront: Twilight Company, written by Alexander Freed. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, Foerost originally appeared in the fifteenth issue of the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi comic-book series. The issue was written by Kevin J. Anderson, illustrated by Dario Carrasco, Jr., and published by Dark Horse Comics on August 15, 1995.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Battlefront: Twilight Company establishes that Tabor Seitaron's active service predated the design of the Herald, which Star Wars: The Rebel Files established was an Imperial II-class Star Destroyer. The Star Destroyer model appears as early as Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, which took place five years after the fall of the Great Jedi Purge. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the event to 19 BBY, the inclusion of the Imperial II-class must have been as early as 14 BBY and Seitaron must have therefore retired by that year. Since the Battle of Foerost took place during Seitaron's active service, it must have also taken place by 14 BBY.
- "The Heroes of Rogue One" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- According to Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Highlights of the Saga: The Battle of Scarif), the Battle of Scarif occurred in 0 BBY. Since Pao's job on Foerost was mentioned on the day that the Battle of Scarif took place, it must have therefore occurred by 0 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- The main events of Battlefront: Twilight Company are set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Those events must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY.
- Tales of the Jedi – The Sith War 1