Folende was an agriworld located in the Folende system of the Tion Hegemony, within the Slice portion of the Outer Rim Territories. The Desevran Trace hyperlane linked Folende to the worlds of Desevro and Omman. For centuries, Folende's agricultural output was moderate, with Omman being considered its competitor.
In the last decades of the Galactic Republic's existence, however, Folende's situation changed. By 21 BBY, the world commissioned the cloners of the distant world of Kamino to create cloned agricultural laborers. Folende then experienced a marked rise in production and became an important provider of staple foods to worlds suffering from poverty on the Far Perlemian hyperspace route. The circumstances under which Folende increased its amount of produce were considered to be mysterious.
Behind the scenes
Folende was first mentioned in the 2007 novel Republic Commando: True Colors, written by Karen Traviss. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Folende system, and therefore the world of Folende, within grid square S-5.
- Republic Commando: True Colors (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Kaminoan")
Notes and references
- Folende system — Based on corresponding data for
- Coreward of the Overic Griplink hyperlane and trailing from the Perlemian Trade Route super-hyperroute. Since The Essential Atlas depicts that same territory as being part of the Slice region, Folende must also be part of the Slice. places Folende within grid square S-5,
- backup link to the original Hyperspace article on StarWars.com) (
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of Republic Commando: True Colors, in which the cloned agricultural laborers of Folende are mentioned, to 21 BBY.
- The Essential Atlas