- "Have you read the testimonies of Cervil the Uncanny? She states that the whip was sometimes used to defend against the Sith Lords who used the Forbidden Forms."
- ―Vernestra Rwoh, to Imri Cantaros
The Forbidden Forms were forms of lightsaber combat used by the Sith during the Sith Wars. According to the testimonies of the Jedi Cervil the Uncanny, lightwhips—a lightsaber variant with a flexible blade—were used to defend against Sith Lords who utilized the forms. Around 232 BBY, during the High Republic Era, Jedi Knight Vernestra Rwoh, while stranded on the jungle moon Wevo, brought up Cervil's testimonies about the Forbidden Forms to Padawan Imri Cantaros in response to his concerns about the modifications she had made to her lightsaber to give it a lightwhip mode.
Behind the scenes
- The High Republic: A Test of Courage (First mentioned, simultaneous with The High Republic: A Test of Courage audiobook)
- The High Republic: A Test of Courage audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- The High Republic: A Test of Courage
- The Star Wars Book dates the launch of the Starlight Beacon, which is depicted as part of the events of The High Republic: Light of the Jedi, to 232 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 232 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As such, the rest of the novel's events must also occur around 232 BBY. The High Republic: A Test of Courage is set concurrently to Light of the Jedi, meaning its events must occur around that year as well.