A Force-sensitive, also known as a Force-user, referred to any living organism that was keenly attuned to the flow of the mysterious energy field known as the Force. An indication of Force-sensitivity was the quantity of midi-chlorians in a subject's cells, with Force-sensitives possessing an above average number of these microscopic lifeforms in comparison to the general population of the galaxy. Among their natural gifts, Force-sensitives possessed a precognitive ability, making their reflexes faster than others. With proper training, Force-sensitives could learn to consciously sense and manipulate that energy, which gave them special powers.
There existed several organizations that focused on the training of Force-sensitive individuals, each with a different philosophy; while the Jedi Order drew their strength from the light side of the Force to protect the galaxy, the Sith harnessed the power of the dark side for their own benefit. Other Force-sensitive organizations included the Force wielders, Force Priestesses, the Nightsisters of Dathomir, the Ordu Aspectu, and the Frangawl Cult of Bardotta.
Non-sentient organisms could be Force-sensitive as well. Uneti trees, such as the one that grew at the heart of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, or the one planted near the Dameron homestead on Yavin 4, could possess a connection to the Force.
Additionally, some force-sensitive's powers can lay dormant for a long time, with this person feeling something inside of them but never knowing what it was. A dormant force-sensitive can not utilise the Force until their powers are awoken by a strong encounter with another force-sensitive with the powers of the Force, or an object associated with the Force, such as a lightsabre. This is what happened in the case of Rey. Rey had always been able to sense to Force inside of her but never knew what it was or gained access to it until her encounter with Luke Skywalker's blue lightsabre and Kylo Ren. These encounters began the awakening of her powers which grew very quickly. Over a few days, she went from needing several tries to perform the mind trick on a Stormtrooper to matching Kylo Ren in a force wrestle for her lightsabre.
- (as "Force-practitioner")
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- "Rebel with a Cause"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- (as "Force-wielder")
- (as "Force-user")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- ↑ Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Book I: Aphra
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part I"
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary