Force Stasis was an ability of the Force to forcibly restrain and immobilize people or to halt objects headed in a Force-user's direction. The ability allowed its users to cancel out the motion of a target to not only reduce its speed, but even suspend it in place. The effect usually wore off, causing the target to immediately regain its motion. The effect could be so powerful that, unlike normal applications of telekinesis, continuous conscious effort and physical gestures to maintain it was not always as necessary. Additionally, the most skilled or powerful of users could even exert this paralyzing grip on non-material objects, such as blaster bolts.
Jedi Padawan Cal Kestis, who was proficient with Force Stasis, used it to slow the movements of a group of clone troopers after they fatally wounded his master Jaro Tapal during the activation of Order 66. Five years later, Cal used Force Stasis to suspend the Scrapper Guild worker Prauf in mid-air, saving him from a fatal fall. In his subsequent mission to rebuild the Jedi Order, Kestis used Stasis to traverse landscapes by temporarily slowing down fast-moving platforms. He also used it in battle to slow the movements of his opponents and to slow enemy blaster shots.
During the attack on Tuanul, Kylo Ren utilized this ability to hold off a blaster bolt headed in his direction long enough for him to talk to Poe Dameron, and then released it after aiming it out of the way and retreating from the area. Later, during the Battle of Takodana, Ren utilized this ability to capture Rey, shortly before forcing her to fall unconscious.
In 35 ABY, during the Mission to Kef Bir, Rey and Kylo Ren had a duel on the DS-2 Death Star II Mobile Battle Station ruin. During the fight, both of them used Force Stasis to block each other's lightsaber strikes, with each combatant holding back the other's blade before it could make contact with them.
- The High Republic: A Test of Courage
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (First appearance)
- "Sharing the Same Face"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 2
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 20
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars Rebels – "Visions and Voices"
- Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series – Episode II
- The Rise of Kylo Ren 1
- Age of Resistance - Supreme Leader Snoke 1
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Indirect mention only)
- Poe Dameron 26 (Appears in flashback(s))
- "The Orphanage"—Dark Legends (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 21 (Helmets: Kylo Ren)
- Star Wars: Destiny – Two-Player Game (Card: ) (First identified as Force Stasis)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Vision of Hope"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 20
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- ↑ Star Wars: Destiny – Two-Player Game (Card: )