Force barrier was a defensive technique within the Force composed of Force energy, used to block out any potentially deadly elements. The technique itself was an offshoot of Telekinesis and was aligned to nether the light or dark side but was a neutral ability any force user could learn and deploy. Darth Vader used this ability on several occasions to protect himself from environmental hazards like falling debris, oceanic pressure from being submerged in the depths of Mon Cala, and explosions of fire or shock-waves. Kanan Jarrus used a barrier of Force energy to hold back an explosion.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 14: Burning Seas, Part II
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 24: Fortress Vader, Part VI
- Star Wars Rebels – "Jedi Night"
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds"
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)
- "The Wanderer"—Myths & Fables (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Jedi Challenges (First identified as Force barrier)