In 22 BBY, Jedi Grand Master Yoda confronted his former Padawan learner Dooku, secretly the Sith Lord Darth Tyranus, in a hanger on Geonosis during the First Battle of Geonosis. Tyranus, who had previously defeated Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, exclaimed his superiority over his former Master and fired a blast of Force lightning at Yoda. Yoda deflected the blast back at Tyranus, who in turn used the Force to deflect the blast into the ceiling of the hanger.
In 19 BBY, Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus used the dark illusion power on Yoda in an attempt to corrupt the Grand Master. As a result, Yoda experienced a Force vision where he fought Sidious. During the vision, Sidious fired a blast of Force lightning at Yoda. Yoda was able to successfully deflect Sidious' Force power, sending the Dark Lord of the Sith tumbling off of the structure they were situated on.
Sometime later, former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano confronted the renegade Sith Lord Maul in the Grand Salon of the Sundari Royal Palace during the Siege of Mandalore. Lady Bo-Katan Kryze, who was accompanying Tano at the time, charged at Maul while firing multiple blaster bolts at him. In response, Maul effortlessly veered the bolts with waves of his hand before briefly levitating Kryze to dissuade further attacks.
Shortly after the formation of the Galactic Empire, Yoda confronted Darth Sidious in the Senate Building on Coruscant, intending to assassinate the new Galactic Emperor. Mirroring the dark illusion Sidious had previously subjected Yoda to, the Sith Lord fired a blast of Force lightning at the Jedi Grand Master. Just like before, Yoda was able to deflect Sidious' lightning, although he fell off of the repulsorpod he was standing on in the process.
During the Occupation of Mon Cala in 18 BBY, the Sith Lord Darth Vader fought in the Battle of Dac City. In the battle, the Mon Cala planetary defense services fired upon Vader, who used the Force to deflect a blaster bolt. In 14 BBY, Governor Wilhuff Tarkin remarked that one of the reasons it was difficult to kill Vader was because he could deflect blaster fire with the flick of his wrist.
In 0 BBY, during the Battle of Scarif, Vader boarded the rebel cruiser Profundity in pursuit of the stolen Death Star plans. The Sith Lord received resistance aboard the star cruiser from the Alderaanian consular security. Vader cut through the soldiers, using Force deflection to redirect a blaster shot into a rebel, however the plans escaped aboard the corvette Tantive IV.
In 3 ABY, Lord Vader prepared an ambush for Han Solo and the crew of the Millennium Falcon on the Tibanna-mining colony Cloud City. When the Administrator of the city Lando Calrissian led Solo into the trap, the rebel smuggler immediately fired on Vader. Vader proceeded to block the blaster bolts with the Force and telekinetically yank Solo's blaster out of his hands. Following Vader's revelation that Luke Skywalker was his son and their subsequent duel on Cloud City, the dark lord sought to learn about his son's past. His search eventually led him to the planet Vendaxa, where he encountered a look-alike of his deceased wife Padmé Amidala. Upon learning that Vader was a servant of the Emperor, the look-alike, who was actually Amidala's former Handmaiden Sabé, fired her blaster at the Sith. Vader deflected the laser with the Force and pulled the blaster out of Sabé's hands.
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Phantom Apprentice"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 14
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18 (Indirect mention only)
- Thrawn: Alliances
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars Annual 4
- Star Wars Annual 1
- Star Wars 75
- Star Wars: Commander
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Rendezvous at Bespin"
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Captured on Cloud City
- Darth Vader 2
- Darth Vader 4
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars Annual 1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Phantom Apprentice"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ According to Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition, the occupation of Mon Cala took place a year into the Emperor's rule. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the beginning of Imperial rule to 19 BBY, the occupation of Mon Cala took place in 18 BBY.
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 14
- ↑ The events of Tarkin take place five years after the rise of the Galactic Empire, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, Tarkin must be set in 14 BBY. As Darth Vader knows about Wilhuff Tarkin's past on Eriadu in Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18, which he only learned about in Tarkin, issue 18 must take place after the novel. The later issue Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 19 featured the Second Sister, who was killed in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Fallen Order takes place five years after the Great Jedi Purge, which is dated to 19 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is also set in 14 BBY. As Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18 is between both Tarkin and Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 19, the events of the issue must take place in 14 BBY
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18
- ↑ According to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, Jyn Erso's mission to steal the plans of the first Death Star, which concluded with the Battle of Scarif, occurred in 0 BBY.
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Darth Vader 2