- "Did you know that Sith Lords could sometimes drain the Force energy from their captives? Siphoning life from them and using it to strengthen their connection to the dark side? Extending their own lives, as well, so that they could live for centuries beyond their intended expiration?"
- ―Yupe Tashu to Wedge Antilles
According to Yupe Tashu, ancient Sith Lords could drain the Force energy from other individuals. By siphoning life from others, the Sith could both strengthen their connection to the dark side of the Force and extend their own lives. Similarly, the queen of Ktath'atn could "feed" on others. Talzin spirit was able to emerge from a stone monolith to directly possess Dooku, drain his life energy, and even regain her physical form, though upon receiving a fatal injury she was permanently destroyed.
- Aftermath (First mentioned)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Four
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"