- "Did you know that Sith Lords could sometimes drain the Force energy from their captives? Siphoning life from them and using it to strengthen their connection to the dark side? Extending their own lives, as well, so that they could live for centuries beyond their intended expiration?"
- ―Yupe Tashu, to Wedge Antilles
- "And now, the power of two restores the one… true… Emperor!"
- ―Darth Sidious before draining Rey and Ben Solo
According to Yupe Tashu, ancient Sith Lords could drain the Force energy from other individuals. By siphoning life from others, the Sith could both strengthen their connection to the dark side of the Force and extend their own lives. Similarly, the queen of Ktath'atn could "feed" on others. Talzin's spirit was able to emerge from a stone monolith to directly possess Dooku, allowing her to drain his life energy, and regain her physical form in the process. During the Clone Wars on the Mission to Mortis, Anakin Skywalker used this ability with the Daughter, who was dying, to transfer the remainder of her life force to revive a deceased Ahsoka Tano. During the First Order–Resistance war, in the Battle of Exegol, the resurgent Darth Sidious drained Rey and Ben Solo of their Force energy to increase his strength, rejuvenating himself to the state he was before his first death over Endor.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis" (First appearance)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 4
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker