Force energy was the Force when not directly used by organics but contained into objects or manifesting itself as raw, pure energy. Before the dawn of the Old Republic, Force Hound Xesh used a blast of Force energy to damage the Devourer's power core.
The Infant of Shaa and the Scepter of Ragnos were such Force-storing objects. Force energy could be used as a direct weapon, such as through the Scepter of Marka Ragnos, or it could be released as an explosion that would cause great physical damage, such as through the Infant of Shaa.
Extremely powerful Force-sensitives could draw from the infinite reservoir of the Force and use its power to physically attack enemies. Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo where able to do this to destroy Marvid and Craitheus Qreph, and Darth Sidious' power had become so great after his rebirth, that he was able to injure a number of assailants with a continuous blast of energy. In 11 ABY during the Battle of Onderon Palpatine used force energy to mortally wound the Jedi Knight Empatojayos Brand and kill Rayf Ysanna after being underestimated by the young Jedi.
- Dawn of the Jedi: Force War 3 (Appears in flashback)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith video game
- Star Wars: Dark Empire
- Empire's End 2
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (First appearance)
- Crucible audiobook